[mapserver-users] Feature query with gml return

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jan 22 11:57:28 EST 2002

What Stephen did is all you need to do to a URL, however you need to add
one new parameter to the layer in your map file. That parameter is
called DUMP and by default it is set to FALSE. This is to prevent the
wholesale download of your data. The interpretation of this parameter
may change over time to allow attributes only or points only but for now
it's all or nothing.

The MapServer demo has been outfitted with a GML download option. It's
enabled if you have WMS enabled.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> 01/21/02 08:03 AM >>>
Trem,

I changed your URL  so it ended with INFO_FORMAT=GML and it spit back a
gml header, but the actual query results seemed to be missing but I
think this is "HOW" you would go about doing it.

-Steve W

http://maps-dev.socialchange.net.au/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=mapfiles/environmental.map&WMTVER=1.0.0&SRS=EPSG%3A4202&REQUEST=feature_info&LAYERS=estates&QUERY_LAYERS=estates&BBOX=140.08099999999996%2C-39.1493%2C154.753%2C-24.4773&WIDTH=400&HEIGHT=400&STYLES=&X=283&Y=234&INFO_FORMAT=MIME