[mapserver-users] outlinesize of polygon ?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jan 31 08:44:14 EST 2002

Hi Bernd: It's easy. First you need a symbol to use a a brush, this one
works well:

SYMBOL
  NAME 'circle'
  TYPE ELLIPSE
  POINTS 1 1 END
  FILLED TRUE
END

The depending on if you're drawing just the outline or the outline +
fill you'd do something like

SYMBOL 'circle'
SIZE 3
OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0

or

OVERLAYSYMBOL 'circle'
OVERLAYSIZE 3
OVERLAYOUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> bernd deckert <bernd.deckert at free.fr> 01/30/02 13:37 PM >>>
Hey everybody,
I'm quite new on this list. I try to build a mapserver (Php/Mapscript,
Apache, Linux Debian) for our regional gis-association (www.siglr.org;
site
under construction) in the south of France. I hope to show you the
results in
a several days.

Here my newbie question :
The "Class Object" of Mapfile allows to give a "Outlinecolor" to
polygons.
But how to define the "outlinesize" of a polygon.
If tried to do it with help of  "symbol" but it seems to be a little bit
tricky ...

Thanks a lot for your help

Bernd