[mapserver-users] shapefile names? (FWD)

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Thu Jan 31 10:25:55 EST 2002

From: "D.J. Grzicic" <grzicidj at muss.cis.mcmaster.ca>
Subject: shapefile names?
To: mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:54:41 -0500

Hi list,
I've come into a weird problem with regards to dbase and opening .dbf
files. If the dbf file is a certain name such as "theme6.dbf" it won't
open BUT when i rename the file to say "jackass.dbf" then it works
perfectly ?? I checked all permissions on the folder and the file is not
open in any other program, but obviously i'm missing something ??
Anybody have a clue ????

-thanks