[mapserver-users] Mapscript/PHP not compatible with PHP4 in Debian Woody

Paul Baker pbaker at where2getit.com
Mon Jun 3 18:43:23 EDT 2002

I'm working on the debian package for mapserver 3.6 and I'm running into
a small snag. Debian's PHP4 package is built using php's bundled regex.
So it looks like I won't be building a debian package of mapserver that
includes Mapscript/PHP. :-( Is there any chance that this is going to be
resolved? I doubt I could convince the Debian PHP maintainers to switch
to using the system regex.

checking for location of config.h or php_config.h... /usr/include/php4/main/php_config.h
checking whether we have PHP3 or PHP4... -DPHP4
checking whether we should use PHP's regex... yes
configure: error:
!!! The current version of PHP MapScript has some problems with      !!!
!!! PHP4's bundled regex.  Until we figure the solution to the       !!!
!!! problem, the workaround is to compile PHP4 with the system regex !!!
!!! Please re-configure and re-compile PHP4 with --with-system-regex !!!
!!! and then re-configure and re-compile MapServer.                  !!!
make: *** [config.status] Error 1

--
Paul Baker