[mapserver-users] hue, saturation, value -> RGB

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at ERC.MsState.Edu
Wed Jun 5 13:40:09 EDT 2002

Thanks to everybody,
I did it in photoshop, that exe program, but as Chip has said the Arcview
values of H,S and V are different, thus most programs won't let me use a
Saturation value of 255 etc.
Are these avenue scripts inbuilt in arcview, can anybody point out how to
use them to do conversion.
> As Stephen pointed out, there are some good formulas via the Google search
> page that you can wade through to figure it out...
>
> However, some words of caution.
>
> The way ArcView calculates HSV is a little different. Values for H, S, and V
> all range from 0 to 255 (I believe). This is different from other HSV color
> models. If you have access to ArcView, there are some simple avenue scripts
> that will do the conversion for you (or you might be able to get your client
> to do it).
>
> Chip

-Pushkar S. Pradhan