[mapserver-users] WMS Client Support

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jun 5 17:32:31 EDT 2002

Brian Fischer wrote:

> I want to say thanks to Debbie for her help.  Wow this one was so
> simple, but took a while to figure out.  It turns out that if you have
> the STATUS set to ON the WMS layer will not display.  If you change the
> STATUS to DEFAULT the WMS layer displays.  Is a WMS layer suppose to
> behave like this?  It took me a while to figure this one out, so I hope
> it saves someone else some time.

WMS layers behave exactly the same way as other layers with respect to
the STATUS setting.  Note that with the mapserv CGI, layers that have
STATUS ON are displayed *only if* they are explicitly requested via a
layer=name parameter in the URL.  Did you make sure that your HTML
interface template was passing this parameter to the mapserv CGI?

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca