[mapserver-users] php/mapscript versions 3.5+ Fatal error: Object has an invalid _handle_ property

Ellis Robin (Bundaberg) Robin.Ellis at nrm.qld.gov.au
Thu Jun 6 03:11:45 EDT 2002

Hi List,
	I have managed to compile ms3.5 with mapscript using php4.0.6
(via CGI) on Solaris Unix running Apache1.3.24. I am able to display
data sets straight out of the mapfile OK, but when I try to give the
user some control over the visibility of layers I get this error message
(which seems to have been around a bit in the past):

Fatal error: Object has an invalid _handle_ property
The mapscript I am attempting to implement looks like this:

  $mapimg = $map->prepareImage();

  $layer = $map->getLayerByName("citrus");
  $layer->set('status', 'ON');
  $layer->draw($map,$mapimg);

With the error message indicating that it is the
$layer->draw($map,$mapimg); line causing the problem.

After going through the mail archive I found that there was a known bug
with php4.0.6, so I have just gone through the process of compiling and
installing php4.2.0 and mapserver3.6, however I still get the same
message. As I say, I've been through the mail archive extensively and
haven't found a work around yet that solves the problem.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I may overcome this problem?

Thanks very much

Rob

Robin Ellis
Department of Natural Resources and Mines
PO Box 1167
Bundaberg QLD 4670
+61 7 4131 5771
Robin.Ellis at nrm.qld.gov.au

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.

computer system network.