[mapserver-users] hue, saturation, value -> RGB

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu Jun 6 09:40:32 EDT 2002

Hi,

below is a snipplet avenue-code, that we use to get the RGB-Values of classified
legends. Perhaps your client can use it to give you the RGB-Values: Basically,
you use it on a LegendObj to get the Symbols, then get the colors as a list of
rgb int values and e.g. write it to a textfile.

--- snip
  theClassesList = theLegend.GetClassifications
  symbols = theLegend.GetSymbols
  n = theClassesList.Count-1
  d = Dictionary.Make(0)
  for each e in 0..n
    aClass = theClassesList.Get(e)
    aSymbol = symbols.get(e)
    aColor = aSymbol.getColor.getRGBList
    R = aColor.get(0).asString
    G = aColor.get(1).asString
    B = aColor.get(2).asString
    aString = R+" "+G+" "+B
    aTextfile.WriteElt(aString)
    d.add (akey.Asstring, {aLabel,symbols.get(e)})
  end
---snip

HTH, Cheers, Michael

"Hankley, Chip" schrieb:

> Unfortunately they are built in functions that do the RGB<->HSV conversions.
> I've never tried this, but you might be able to manually convert the values
> from the ArcView flavor of HSV to the Photoshop flavor of HSV.
>
> So, for instance, in PS (and strangely ArcInfo...why they didn't use the
> same color model is beyond me) H is 0-360, and S and V are both 0 to 100.
>
> So, say you have an AV HSV color specified as 255 255 255
>
> This should be equivalent to a PS value of
>   H: 360 (or 0)
>   S: 100
>   V: 100
>
> Your formula for the conversion should be:
>
>   H_PS = (H_AV / 255) * 360
>   S_PS = (S_AV / 255) * 100
>   V_PS = (V_AV / 255) * 100
>
> where H_PS is the HUE value in Photoshop, and H_AV is the HUE value in
> ArcView, and so on.
>
> If you've got a long list, you could do all the conversions in a
> spreadsheet, then move over to PS.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Chip

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                Informationstechnologie mbH
                             Sautierstr. 38, 79104 Freiburg
                                     0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)
mschulz at webgis.de                             www.webgis.de