[mapserver-users] setting color from a file

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at ERC.MsState.Edu
Thu Jun 6 14:09:09 EDT 2002

Hi,
One more question, in MS we can make pre-defined symbols and store them in
a .sym file. But you can't store COLOR info. in this right?

So would there be a way to store predefined COLOR (RGBs) in some file and
use these values for a class/layer based on certain attributes.

Also I have been given a symbology for various layers like Symbol 1 - 47,
I believe these are predefined Arcview or Arcinfo symbols. Is there anyway
in mapserver to get these symbols? If not I have to create it like the
examples in the .sym file?

Thanks,
 -Pushkar S. Pradhan