[mapserver-users] offsite

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Mon Jun 10 17:11:26 EDT 2002

Kent -

I'm not sure I understand exactly what the "background" you're referring to is, but the OFFSITE keyword requires an indexed TIF image with pixels whose index value is exactly the value provided by OFFSITE.  If you are leaving some pixel values "undefined" (rather than initializing everything to your OFFSITE color) then the non-image pixels may just be filled with trash that's dependent on your image-processing software, the phase of the moon, and the odds of the Red Sox winning the pennant.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com