[mapserver-users] Big CVS Update

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jun 11 10:22:39 EDT 2002

Folks,

Just to warn you all, the CVS tree has been updated by me with my first
pass work on support for OUTPUTFORMATs (part of the GD2.0 / 24bit) work.

Some information on this work can be found at:

   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OutputFormat

I would strongly encourage you to avoid using MapServer from CVS for a while,
but if you want to please let me know of problems you encounter.

In a change unrelated to the OUTPUTFORMAT work I have added a setup.py in the
mapscript/python directory along with a very brief README on how to use it to
build Python MapScript.  I have successfully built this but the process is
still a little hairy.

Best regards,