[mapserver-users] Problem with Rosa Distance Measuremt tool

Stefano Bonnin shpr at libero.it
Wed Jun 12 05:03:20 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Rosa Applet Distance Measurement tool but I have a
problem when I try to set the PIXEL_SIZE parameter.

I'm using mapserver with templates file and javascript.

How can I modify dynamically this parameter with javascript?

I tried to insert the javascript code inside the applet tag

<script ....

    document.write("<parameter .....   value="+ myvariable +" ......");

</script>

but this script is ignored by the browser

and I can't access the parameters with

document.applets["myapplet"].pixel_size.value = the_value

My conclusion:

I can do this only with PHP. Is this true?

Stefano

---