[mapserver-users] Thematic points by database values

Martin, Daniel DMartin at erac.com
Fri Jun 14 13:39:17 EDT 2002

Lowell mentions Mapscript, and I thank him for the reply.  Unfortunately,
I'm in the pure CGI world.

Steve, thanks for your suggestion.  I tried it, but for some reason my
points don't seem to be resizing based on the LABALSIZEITEM.  Or if they do,
it's so small it's unnoticeable.

Here's my Layer:

LAYER
  NAME "Outsources YTD 2002"
  TYPE POINT
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  CONNECTION "\GISData\Outsources.TAB"
  STATUS OFF
  LABELSIZEITEM "Total"
  CLASS
    NAME 'Outsources YTD 2002 Through April 30'
    COLOR -1 -1 -1
    TEXT "."
    LABEL
      POSITION cc
      TYPE TRUETYPE
      FONT arial
      FORCE true
      COLOR 255 0 0
      OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
      ANTIALIAS true
      MINSIZE 25
      MAXSIZE 300
    END
  END
END

Any Ideas why it always seems to be the MINSIZE, no matter what the value of
the LABELSIZEITEM?  I should mention the values are going to be around the
range of 1-15.

Thanks,
Dan Martin