[mapserver-users] query query

lists lists at mail.office.webstar.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 11:02:47 EDT 2002

Hi

I am having a bit of difficulty using the QUERY mode with mapserver - and
was wondering if someone could point out my error.

I'm using MS 3.6 with Postgis.

I have a .map file with these (relevant) bits :

//--------------

NAME WALES
EXTENT 127000.0 160000.0 380000.0 402000.0
SIZE 400 400

WEB
  TEMPLATE wales2.html
  IMAGEPATH "/var/www/html/mapserver/wales/tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "/mapserver/wales/tmp/"
END

LAYER # start of the "cardiff_codes" layer object
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  NAME "cardiff_codes"
  CONNECTION "host=127.0.0.1 port=5432 user=blah password=blah dbname=mines"
  DATA "the_geom from walescp"
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE POINT
  TOLERANCE 5
  CLASSITEM unit_postc
  CLASS
    NAME "Post Codes"
    COLOR 180 80 120
    SYMBOL 'circle'
    SIZE 2
    EXPRESSION /./
    #TEMPLATE http://ewok/mapserver/wales/show.php?id=[ID]
    TEMPLATE postcode.html
  END # end of class object
END # end of layer object
END # end of map file

//----------------------------

And postcode.html :

<hr>
Post Code = [UNIT_POSTC]

When I use query mode to get the post code of a point, all I get is
//---
Post Code = [UNIT_POSTC]
//---

literally, without the value for that unit_postc being substituted from
the database.

I tried to follow the itasca demo as closely as possible, but mine won't
print the data. Is there a difference between using shape files (as in the
Itasca demo) and using Postgres ? Or is there something I've done totally
wrong ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

arif saleem