[mapserver-users] Support for PNG Symbols

randy james rjames57 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 17:37:20 EDT 2002

Hi

I had a error like the one you have, and it was
because i did not define the symbol in my symbol.sym
file. It looks like you are trying to load a symbol as
a image from your map file, when you should be
defining and naming your symbol in the symbol.sym file
and than load the defined symbol in your map file.

Make any sense?

your symbol.sym file should contain something like

Symbol
    Name 'ctyhwy'
    Type PIXMAP
    Image 'images/ctyhwy.gif'