[mapserver-users] Mapserver 3.6 - is JOIN supported?

Tom Cadman Tom.Cadman at region.durham.on.ca
Fri Jun 21 14:53:10 EDT 2002

Does Mapserver 3.6 support the JOIN function for linking a shape file dbf to another dbf file.  I believe it was taken out in version 3.5 but was to be put back in in version 3.6. I've got version 3.6 working fine , except fot JOINs - removed QUERY and placed TEMPLATE inside CLASS but it still won't work.  Below is an excerpt of may map file dealing with the JOIN

LAYER                                         # subdivision plans
  NAME "subdivisions"
  TYPE POLYGON
  DATA subdivision_condo_plans_region
  STATUS OFF
  CLASSITEM subdivisio  # SUBDIVISIO field
  CLASS
     SYMBOL  9
     SIZE 1
     OUTLINECOLOR 0 191 57 # 255 50 255 # medium blue 240 0 245
     COLOR 76 255 150      # light green
     TEMPLATE "subd_query.html"   # for display in new window
     JOIN
        TYPE multiple
        TEMPLATE "subd_query_result.html"
        NAME  subdjoin
        TABLE subcondo.dbf  # filename of.dbf to be joined with shapefile .dbf
        FROM  subdivisio        # field in shapefile .dbf file
        TO tfile                        # field to join on in lookup .dbf file
     END
  END  # class
END # layer