[mapserver-users] Using gdaladdo on large TIFFs?

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Wed Jun 26 00:32:14 EDT 2002

Hi all,

Frank has confirmed that this is a bug when adding
overviews to a TIFF generated on a system using a
different byte order (in my case, a PC adding overviews
to a TIFF created on a Sun box).

Frank suggested an easy work-around. Run the TIFF through
gdal_translate before adding overviews to ensure everything
is in the same byte order:

	gdal_translate hard0613g.tif hard0613g_le.tif
	gdaladdo hard0613g_le.tif 2 4 8 16 32 64 ...

Cheers,

Antti