[mapserver-users] PHP/Mapscript install error

Rajkumar Singh gisdude at subdimension.com
Wed Jun 26 07:58:21 EDT 2002

Tanya,

I'm new to mapserver as well. But I've been able to successfully install it.
I don't know exactly what you have done but these are some things that could
result in error messages.

1. You have to extract the contents of libwww_dll.zip to the
"C:\WINNT\System32" folder on Windows NT/2000 or "C:\Windows\system" on
Windows 9x.
2. You need to extract the PHP mapscript extension (php_mapscript.dll or
php_mapscript_36.dll) and place it in the PHP extension folder. The name you
use to call it in your scripts should be the same as the name it's saved as
in the PHP extension folder.

Hope this helps.

Raj