[mapserver-users] Mapscript/Java/Servlet users: give this a whirl...

C F gis_consultant at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 27 11:42:19 EDT 2002

You are right... sorry.  I shouldn't have said "limitations".  What I meant
to say was that PHP mapscript requirements were too restricting for me.  I
don't remember all the versions, etc.  but basically my issue had to do with
the version of PHP required (in ms 3.5) and the fact that it required PHP to
execute in CGI mode versus Apache module.  So I guess it's more my
requirements or desires that limit my choices. It's true that I couldn't get
it to work on Cygwin and was a little discouraged by the lack of response to
my query regarding that.... but that wasn't the deciding factor for me.
Anyway, I might go back to PHP Mapscript as it appears it's the most popular
choice among Mapserver developers.. and I'm sure there's a good reason for
that.  I guess it was just wishfull thinking that there would be no issues
with the Java option :)