[mapserver-users] Re: Java Mapscript and Tomcat

Andreas Hirner andreas_hirner at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 27 12:23:22 EDT 2002

Hello CF,

>Have you been reading my thread today and yesterday about Mapscript and
>Java?

Of course I did. It does not look like there are many people out there using
Java Mapscript and I was wondering if there is somebody who got beyond
testing.
Actually, it would be very interesting to see how many people are currently
working with Java Mapscript and what they are up to.

>It doesn't answer your specific question here, but it might save you some
>of the effort until that issure of Tomcat crashing gets resolved... unless
>you have ideas on how to fix it.  Because, in my mind, it basically rules
>out Java Mapscript as an option for production usage if it's so easy to
>crash the servlet engine.  Hopefully somebody out there has the answer and
>just hasn't chimed in yet :)
>Anyway, about your question... I haven't tried to do what you're doing.
>I've had so many issues with this stuff that, just to make sure I rule out
>other factors, I've restarted Tomcat every time I made changes.

I guess this is what it comes down to....

Andreas