[mapserver-users] Mapscript Tutorials ???

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Thu Jun 27 15:52:50 EDT 2002

Raj,

I believe that you can get a copy of the gmap demo by downloading the latest
MapServer Source. If you've already worked through some basic examples,
that's the next place to go.

Just follow along through the code... I think that's probably the way most
of us developed our skills. Then there's always the documentation on
DMSolution's site.

Also, don't forget the PHP docs at php.net. If your PHP skills aren't great,
then you will probably spend almost as much time (if not more) getting up to
speed on that end. For the apps that I've done w/ PHP MapScript, the PHP
part has been the biggest part. I'd say about 80% of my code has *nothing*
to do w/ MapScript, but is general PHP - calls to databases, data
manipulation, etc.

HTH!

Chip