[mapserver-users] MapServer on the web, not local

Blaise Picinbono bpicinbono at esquirolcad.fr
Fri Jun 28 05:22:09 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

MapServer/MapScript is great although a good documentation with examples is missing.

I have been working with the Windows version for a few months; it does a pretty good work.
My big goal is to install it on the server of our Internet Access "Dealer" for my pages to be
"reachable" by everybody through the web.
The phpinfo page on the remote server tells me that it's running with Linux.  So I'm going
to understand the Linux installation procedure on my own computer.  But what do I have
to do to put the whole stuff on the remote server.  Which file at what place ?  How can I
compile on my computer some files that are going to be on the remote server if I dont't
have the same Linux version, lib versions and so on ?

I think I'm missing some knowledge on that subject.

Does anyone have got any idea ?                Thanks a lot.     Sorry for the poor english.

Blaise Picinbono
bpicinbono at esquirolcad.fr