[mapserver-users] featureitemquery invalid?

Bullock, Martha F ERDC-CRREL-NH Martha.F.Bullock at erdc.usace.army.mil
Wed May 1 12:41:06 EDT 2002

Dear List,

I'm working with MapServer 3.5 and am trying to use the featureitemquery
mode.  Right now I am getting the following error when I try to submit the
query:
loadForm(): Web application error. Invalid mode.

Is featureitemquery functional at this time?  Or am I using it incorrectly
and somehow prompting MapServer to give me that error?  I haven't found any
reference to featureitemquery on the MapServer-Users List to date.

>From the brief description in the CGI Reference, I'm assuming
featureitemquery produces similar results to featurequery, except that you
filter the slayer through the attribute data rather than clicking on a
feature on the map.  That's great!  I'm envisioning selecting a state from a
pull-down menu and then generating a list of properties (from another data
layer) found within that state.

I am currently passing the following variables to MapServer --
slayer = states,
map_states_filter = st_name (ie Idaho, selected from pull-down menu),
qlayer = properties,
mapext = shapes, and
mode = featureitemquery

This problem occurs with both featureitemquery and featureitemnquery.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions!     Martha