[mapserver-users] ROSA error (kind of...)

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Wed May 8 10:17:12 EDT 2002

I started trying to integrate the ROSA applet into some of my applications
yesterday. I seem to have it working, except for a somewhat perplexing
problem.

In IE 6, in the status bar, there is an ERROR or WARNING symbol (exclamation
point in a yellow triangle over a white rectangle). If I run it in Netscape
6, I don't get anything weird in the status bar.

If I run gmap (calling the same JAR), I DON'T get this symbol (in IE).

The weird thing is that it works. There doesn't seem to be any loss of
functionality. I'm not a JAVA person by any stretch, and am not sure where
to start looking.

I've stripped my PHP code down to the bare essentials, and am still
experiencing the error.

I am running:

Win2K IIS
PHP 4.1.2
MapScript 3.6 DLL
JRE 1.3.1

Below I've included the trace results out of the Java Console (don't know if
this will help...)

Trace level set to 5: basic, net, security, ext, liveconnect ... completed.
Registered modality listener
Referencing classloader: sun.plugin.ClassLoaderInfo at 372656, refcount=1
Added trace listener:
sun.plugin.ocx.ActiveXAppletViewer[RosaApplet,0,0,400x400,invalid,layout=jav
a.awt.BorderLayout]
Sending events to applet. LOAD
Sending events to applet. INIT
Sending events to applet. START
Determine if the applet requests to install any JAR
Jar cache option: null
Jar archive(s): null
Jar cache version(s): null
Applet Installation finished.
Loaded image: http://pc605/tmp/102086645212761.jpg
Opening http://pc605/tmp/102086645212761.jpg
Connecting http://pc605/tmp/102086645212761.jpg with no proxy
Cache filename: C:\Documents and Settings\hankleydw\Local Settings\Temporary
Internet Files\Content.IE5\U13KHCF2\102086645212761[1].jpe
Loaded image: http://pc605/MapSymbols/ZoomInOff.gif
Loaded image: http://pc605/MapSymbols/ZoomInOn.gif
init
start