[mapserver-users] wierdness with 3.5 mapscript on mandrake 8.1

imap at chesapeake.net imap at chesapeake.net
Fri May 10 05:53:15 EDT 2002

I took a working 3.5 application from a redhat 7.2 to mandrake 8.1
rendering from mapscript...  on the mandrake 8.1 build, it only
produces BLANK images of the background (IMAGECOLOR) color.  The
image is the correct size, but None of the layers will render!
The image extents are definitely correct, and not errors occur
in MS_ERRORFILE.  The same mapfile/mapscript works fine on a
redhat 7.2.

MapServer version 3.5 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF INPUT=SHAPEFILE

gd-1.8.4 (gif)
proj-4.4.4
freetype-1.2

Not sure what the hell is going on here... the compilation of all
components looks fine on the mandrake 8.1 system... I made removed
the installed libgd and libtiff from /usr/lib, and made sure my
shared build lib in /usr/local/lib were in /etc/ld.so.conf and I
did a ldconfig, etc.  All the usual tricks failed to work.

I didnt see anything in the list archive specifically about mandrake 8.1
but there is definitely something flaky about this configuration.. Either
the OS, or the crappy machine it is running on (old compaq with AMD chip)
I've installed several map servers... first time I have ever run accross
a linux machine that would not run it.  Does anyone have any ideas?
I've spents about 8 hours working on it and at the end of my rope.

Thanks,

Chris Stuber (mapsurfer)
Silicon Mapping Solutions, Inc