[mapserver-users] MapServer and 2000

EDWARD G QUINBY egquinby at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri May 10 11:03:30 EDT 2002

Could someone expound upon Puneet's comment "Every IIS instance
requires a Win server (well, not truly true but mostly true)."

We're in the preliminary stages of planning a Mapserver site and are
debating the relative merits of Win/Linux/IIS/Apache.

I have previous experience working with Mapserver on a Win 2000/Apache
configuration but am considering using a Win 2000/IIS configuration for
this new project.  Just want to make sure we've got all the bases
covered before making a decision.

Thanks,

Ted