[mapserver-users] Fwd: Bug by compiling with PHP

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed May 15 18:26:44 EDT 2002

> From: Silke Reimer <silke at intevation.de>
>
> The last days I tried to compile mapserver with PHP. Finally I was
> successful but before I had to change the Makefile and the Makefile.in
> slightly:
>
> I did
>  ./configure --with-proj --with-gdal --with-ogr --with-postgis --with-php=/usr/include/php3/cgi
>
> Then I had to change Makefile.in so that the library for postgis was
> included (missing -lpq; see patch ms_php_Makefile.in.patch).

OOpps... we had run into and fixed this already but had forgotten to
commit it to CVS.  The fix has been committed and is also in the 3.6
beta source package.

> Afterwards I had to make two changes in the Makefile. First the
> compiler command was written two times (don't know why, perhaps a
> mistake in the configure script). Then the paths two the header
> files for php weren't set correctly. This is probably more my own
> problem then yours. The changes are documented in
> ms_php_Makefile.patch.

This is an annoying side-effect of the hack that we use in configure for
PHP MapScript... not fixed yet.  A proper fix will involve rewriting the
whole PHP MapScript configure stuff.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca