[mapserver-users] Add points to shape

Guillaume Sueur guillaume.sueur at khi2.fr
Thu May 16 04:11:06 EDT 2002

Hi there,
I'm trying to build up an application able to add points to a shape using
mapscript. I'm using these two methods :

function creerPoint($Xpt,$Ypt)
{
  GLOBAL      $gpoMap;

  $flnShapefile = "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ipso_facto\htdocs\data\logipro";
  $objShapefile = ms_newShapeFileObj( $flnShapefile, MS_SHP_POINT);
  $oLayer = $gpoMap->getlayerbyname(BIENS);

  //methode 1
  //$point = ms_newPointObj();
  //$point->setXY($Xpt,$Ypt);
  //$objShapefile->addPoint($point);
  //$objShapefile->free;

  //methode 2
  $point = ms_newPointObj();
  $point->setXY($Xpt,$Ypt);
  $line = ms_newlineObj();
  $shape = ms_newshapeObj(MS_SHAPE_POINT);
  $line->add($point);
  $shape->add($line);
  $objShapefile->addshape($shape);
  $objShapefile->free;
}

Both methods are doing the same : they add a point in the shape file, but no
line in the dbf file, so the layer is corrupted and can't be opened.
Addfeature seems to do the same.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Guillaume SUEUR - guillaume.sueur at geosignal.fr