[mapserver-users] Transparent layers

Vinko Vrsalovic v at w.cl
Wed May 22 16:03:50 EDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 10:32:35AM -0500, Steve Lime wrote:
> It is possible in the development version for 3.6. It now supports a
> "TRANSPARENCY" parameter
> (at the LAYER level) that takes an integer argument representing the %
> of transparency to use.
> 100 is completely opaque, 50 is 50% transparent and so on. Color
> limitations will definitely affect
> the quality of the output. The samples I've seen are pretty good
> though. For earlier versions you're
> limited to hatched fills...

I tried setting the transparency parameter (through mapscript) like
this:

$layer->set("transparency",90);

and it appears solid.

Version:

[vinko at landsat vinko]#/builds/mapserver/mapserv -v
MapServer version 3.7 (development) OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I know i should use 3.6-beta, but i'd like to know if my method is right
before recompiling.

--
Vinko Vrsalovic <vinko[@]cprsig.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl