[mapserver-users] Accessing data from PostgreSql

NVohra at eq-technologic.com NVohra at eq-technologic.com
Fri May 24 01:57:28 EDT 2002

Hello,
     I am new to MapServer and using it for the first time. I am able to
install the mapserver on NT with Apache and succeded in running the demo.
     I am looking forward to use points data [latitude, longitude] stored
in PostgreSql and display on a layer.

     How to go for it?
     I found some clues on the list, but when i tried to use it i got
symbol not found error.

    LAYER
      NAME "dbtest"
      CONNECTIONTYPE postgresql
      CONNECTION "dbhost,pointsdb,postgrs,postgrs"
      STATUS ON
      TYPE POINT
      DATA "pointstable"  //table name
      CLASS
        COLOR 255 22 22
      END
    END

Nischal Vohra
That one last shot's a Permanent Vacation
And a how high can you fly with broken wings
Life's a journey - not a destination
And I just can't tell just what tomorrow brings -
Aerosmith