[mapserver-users] Problems with MapInfo seamless tab files

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon May 27 19:28:10 EDT 2002

Anders Knudstrup Hansen LE34 wrote:

> My next question is if it is possible to use seamless TAB files with ECW files????

No, the support for seamless TAB files is embedded in the OGR TAB driver
and works for vectors only.  You might be able to load a single ECW TAB
raster via GDAL (I believe it supports that), but I don't think GDAL has
any idea of what a seamless TAB file is...

I believe a regular shapefile TILEINDEX should work with GDAL rasters,
so you could try converting the seamless TAB index file to shapefile
format and see if it works in MapServer.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca