[mapserver-users] TrueType Font error.

randy james rjames57 at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 14:56:26 EDT 2002

Hi

I have the same problem its because gd is not built
with truetype support. I am using gd-1.8.4, when I try
and build it with truetype support i keep getting the
error. "else not in conditional statement". (And thats
after I modified the include paths in the source, they
are not setup for my system; mandrake 7.1)

I can see where the else statement needs work, but i
do not have a clue how to fix it. Here is the problem
i found

gcc -I. -I/usr/local/include/freetype2
-I/usr/include/X11 -I/usr/X11R6/include/X
11 -I/usr/local/include  -O -DHAVE_LIBXPM
-DHAVE_LIBPNG -DHAVE_LIBJPEG -DHAVE_LI
BFREETYPE   -c -o gdttf.o gdttf.c
gdttf.c:20: `#else' not within a conditional
make: *** [gdttf.o] Error 1

from gdttf.c

hope someone will be able to fix the problem. I think
i will try gd version 2.xx

randy

ifndef HAVE_LIBTTF
char * gdImageStringTTF(gdImage *im, int *brect, int
fg, char *fontname,
                double ptsize, double angle, int x,
int y, char *string)
{
	return "libgd was not built with TrueType font
support\n";
}
#else