[mapserver-users] LABELITEM with TILEINDEX causes internal server error.

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Thu May 30 12:24:42 EDT 2002

Hello,

I am trying to get labels to work with tiled shapefiles, and not
having any luck.  In the mapfile below, if I uncomment the LABELITEM
directive, I get an Internal Server Error and my server (Apache) error
log shows "Premature end of script headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/mapserv"
(the mapserv log doesn't generate an entry at all).  If I leave
LABELITEM commented out, the counties display properly but without
labels, of course.

Also, I can use a single county tile file (instead of TILEINDEX) and
get the labels to work, so I know that "COUNTY" is a valid table
attribute.

Here's the mapfile:

#
# Start of map file
#
NAME TEST
STATUS ON
SIZE 400 400
EXTENT -81.379427 36.542485 -80.041493 37.366792
UNITS DD
#SHAPEPATH "data"
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
FONTSET "/var/www/html/ben/mapserv_demo/test/fonts"

#
# Start of web interface definition (including WMS enabling metadata)
#
WEB
  HEADER test_header.html
  TEMPLATE test.html
  FOOTER test_footer.html
	LOG "test.log"
  MINSCALE 1
  MAXSCALE 2000000
  IMAGEPATH "set in test_init.html"
  IMAGEURL "set in test_init.html"
  METADATA
    WMS_TITLE "A test map."
    WMS_ABSTRACT "This is a test."
    WMS_ACCESSCONSTRAINTS none

    # change this value to match your setup
    WMS_ONLINERESOURCE "http://mach1.log.cabin/ben/mapserv_demo/local/test_init.html"

    WMS_SRS "EPSG:26915"
  END
END

#
# Start of legend
#
LEGEND
  KEYSIZE 18 12
  LABEL
    TYPE BITMAP
    SIZE MEDIUM
    COLOR 0 0 89
  END
  STATUS ON
END

#
# Start of scalebar
#
SCALEBAR
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  LABEL
    COLOR 0 255 0
    SIZE tiny
  END
  STYLE 1
  SIZE 80 2
  COLOR 0 0 255
  UNITS MILES
  INTERVALS 1
  TRANSPARENT TRUE
  STATUS TRUE
END

#
# Start of symbol definitions (we're only using a few)
#

#
# Start of layer definitions
#
LAYER
  NAME "County"
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS DEFAULT
	#DATA "tgr51063cty00"
  TILEINDEX "/var/www/html/ben/mapserv_demo/local/county.shp"
	TILEITEM "location"
	#LABELITEM "COUNTY"
	DATA "county"
  CLASS
		NAME "County"
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    COLOR 255 255 200
		LABEL
			TYPE truetype
			FONT "arial"
			COLOR 0 0 0
			POSITION AUTO
			SIZE 12
		END
  END
END
END # Map File

I'm using mapserver-3.5 on an Intel/Redhat 7.1 machine with Apache
1.3.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

In the Halls of Justice the only justice is in the halls.
		-- Lenny Bruce