[mapserver-users] Installing PHP with the --with-system-regex flag.

Jeff Berry jeffb at erlandsen.com
Thu May 30 17:06:52 EDT 2002

This is a bit off topic, but I hope someone can point me in the right
direction.  I'm having trouble getting php to run with
the --with-system-regex flag.  Compiling PHP 4 with --with-system-regex
breaks my web server, Apache 2.0 running on RedHat 7.2.  When trying to
restart Apache I get the following error...

Cannot load /usr/modules/libphp4.so into server: /usr/modules/libphp4.so:
undefined symbol: php_regcomp

So, I'm not sure what is happening here.  Since I've trying to use the
system regex, is libphp4.so looking for regcomp and not finding it on my
system? Or is it trying to find php_regcomp?  Compiling using the PHP regex
works fine, but when I go to compile the mapserver it give the message
instructing me to use the system regex.  Very frustrating.

Jeff Berry
Erlandsen & Associates
P.O. Box 2029
Chelan, WA 98816