[mapserver-users] HTML Legend with Status Checking...

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Oct 1 20:09:54 EDT 2002

(I cc:'d this to maplab list)

OK, I have been reading this thread with great interest and was
wondering if you can summarize what you need to do to have multiple
layers at different scales and only have the visible ones show up in
your legend templates. I think this is an area that could use more
documentation or at least user insights.

The variables seem to be:

group names
layer names and scales
class names and scales
the option code in legend templates

and maybe a few others that I missed.

I have a mapfile that was working great in a modified version of
gmap75 and in it all like layers have the same name and different
scales and it works great, except it always shows all the layers.

I move the mapfile into the new maplab application and a bunch of my
layers vanished. I turns out the maplab generates urls like:
   ...&layer[]=highway&layer[]=highway&layer[]=highway&...
because I use the same name on all the like layers. So I think I have
it confused.

So your insight into the layers, names, scales etc might help me
figure this out.

Thanks,
  -Steve W.