[mapserver-users] TRANSPARENCY

Peter.Bruton at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca Peter.Bruton at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Oct 7 14:26:54 EDT 2002

Hello;

I am attempting to use the layer object's transparency property and have a
few questions about its behavior.

1) I have a layer with 1 class.  The colour assigned to the class is 255 0
0.  Transparency is set to 20.  The colour of the class in the map is
affected by the transparency setting.  However, the colour of that class in
the legend is not affected (i.e.; it is still sold red - 255 0 0).  Is this
the proper behavior or have I missed something?  I am using the HTML legend
in my application.
2) I have a layer with 1 class.  The colour assigned to the class is 255 0
0.  Transparency is set to 20.  I have added a label object to the class
object.  Since transparency is set at the layer level, I expected annotation
to be affected.  However, this is not the case.  The annotation is still
solid red (255 0 0).  Is this the proper behavior or have I missed
something?

Thank-you in advance for any suggestions.

Peter Bruton
GeoAccess Division
Canada Centre for Remote Sensing
615 Booth Street, Room 650