[mapserver-users] TRANSPARENCY

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Oct 8 10:15:30 EDT 2002

Peter.Bruton at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca wrote:

> Is there a way to have the transparency property affect the appearance of
> the class in legend symbol?  That is, have the class colour of 255 0 0
> affected by a transparency of 20 in the HTML legend.  In my experiments the
> legend symbol is not affected by transparency.

As it is now the legend symbol doesn't take transparency into account,
so it produces a small image with an opaque color.  But anyway since
there is nothing behind the legend symbol, what should we see through
it?

For sure it's not possible to set variable transparency on a GIF image
to see only 20% of the background... maybe that would be possible with
PNG if by setting the alpha value, but I'm not even sure if any/all
browsers would support this properly.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca