[mapserver-users] Problem compiling PHP Mapscript 3.6.3

Jean-Francois.Doyon at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Oct 9 17:00:05 EDT 2002

Hello,

I'm getting a rather odd behavior when compiling mapserver and PHP mapscript
3.6.3 ...

My MapServer binary is version 3.6.3:

[root at grumbler mapserver-3.6.3]# ./mapserv -v
MapServer version 3.6.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
[root at grumbler mapserver-3.6.3]#

But my php_mapscript.so is 3.6.1 !!!:

[root at grumbler mapserver-3.6.3]# cd mapscript/php3/
[root at grumbler php3]# grep 3.6.1 php_mapscript.so
Binary file php_mapscript.so matches
[root at grumbler php3]# grep 3.6.3 php_mapscript.so
[root at grumbler php3]#

The funny thing is I did the exact same ocmpile on an almost identical
server, and everything went fine (They both say 3.6.3) ...

I'm think php_mapscript might be reverting to an older version due to some
dependency or something ... can that be? One is PHP 4.2.1 the other is 4.2.2
for instance, and there might be some minor differences in other library
versions ...

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canada Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca