[mapserver-users] error building mapserver 3.6.3 on OS X 10.2

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Thu Oct 10 11:24:52 EDT 2002

On Thursday, October 10, 2002, at 09:47  AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Puneet Kishor wrote:
>>
>> by Sean Gillies...
>>
>>> 2) The error
>>>
>>>    undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
>>>
>>>    tells you that you need to link shp2img using
>>>    g++ rather than gcc because one of your libraries
>>>    has C++ code.
>>>
>>> If you're not using gcc 3.x, please disregard my
>>> suggestions.
>>
>> looking at my errors below, this seems to be a similar problem. I _am_
>> using gcc 3.1. I have no way of reverting back to an earlier gcc
>> version. Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround?
>>

> Known problem?  Yes, you're not the first one to run into this.
>
> Workaround?  Unfortunately there is no fix for this yet in the
> mapserver
> distribution. Did you try Sean's suggestion?  It would involve editing
> the Makefile to use 'g++' instead of $(CC) as the name of the command
> use for the mapserv: target.

ok, in the Makefile, around line 130, I made the following change

#
# Pick a compiler, etc. Flex and bison are only required if you need to
modify the mapserver lexer (maplexer.l) or expression parser
(mapparser.y).
#
CC=   g++

but that caused even more errors right at the begining. So, I tried the
following --

CXX= g++
CC= gcc

That fared a bit better in that it basically replicated what was
happening earlier. Error at shp2img. Is there someother place that I
had to change the Makefile?

Thanks.