[mapserver-users] Installation Problem

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Oct 10 13:55:57 EDT 2002

"LaFone, Frank" wrote:

> Ok, I've tried this track with no luck.  I downloaded PHP4.2.3 from php.net
> and edited the php.ini file to point extentions to a directory called
> extentions in the php dir.  Then I placed the php_mapscript.dll file in the
> extetions directory.  It's still telling me it's unable to load
> C:/php/extentions/php_mapscript.dll
>
> The thing that puzzles me about it is that I have it working just fine on
> one machine, but can't seem to get the application installed on a different
> machine.  Any ideas where I can turn next?

We're progressing.  At least now we're sure that it's looking for the
DLL in the right location.  The next possible problem could be that you
are missing some support DLLs like libwww or others.

You need to use DEPENDS.EXE to check for missing DLL dependencies, see:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/wilma/mapserver-users/0208/msg00394.html

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca