[mapserver-users] msQueryByAttributes(): Search returned no results. No matching re cord(s) foun

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Oct 10 15:33:53 EDT 2002

Wait until 3.7 when things change (for the better). Admittedly attribute
queries suck in 3.5/6 because part of the process is in the map file and
part in the HTML. They are very powerfull, but tricky to use. In 3.7
that changes and uses a simpler model. You'll specify the mode, qlayer,
qitem (optional) and a qstring (i.e. a MapServer expression) all from
the HTML page. No filters (although that's still the mechanism used
internally) to deal with. Just build the expression in the HTML page
and submit it, period. This does away with the confusion in how a filter
is used when you're not querying that layer.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> KRUSEMARK Matthew G <matthew.g.krusemark at co.multnomah.or.us>
10/10/02 10:32AM >>>
Just wanted to send a big thanks to Robert Stanton, Anwar Hussain,
Gunter
Rieth, Perry Nacionales and Steve Lime for helping me understand the
FILTER
and FILTERITEM params in 3.6.

Kind regards,-matthew