[mapserver-users] make: *** [shp2img] Fehler 1

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Fri Oct 11 09:46:25 EDT 2002

this is an issue with gcc 3.1 compiler. seems like you got that on rh8.

to the developers --

not knowing anything about this, one of the best qualities of mapserver
thus far was that it had no platform-specific code... pure ansi c thus
far (again, I might be wrong in this, so feel free to disabuse me of
that notion). it seems with 3.6.3 onward, mapserver has become compiler
dependent. this throws a bunch of us off. first it was just us macos x
guys. Now it seems rh8 also has the same problem

is there a way to avoid this? to not introduce things in the base
install that get tripped by compilers?

many thanks.