[mapserver-users] Template for No Records?

Matthew Hatcher MJHatcher at space.qinetiq.com
Tue Oct 22 04:00:29 EDT 2002

Hi Dave,

I asked this question a little while ago, and received very helpful answers,
so it is now my turn to share the knowledge!

That's the good thing about these subscriber lists.

Anyway, in your map file, you need to add EMPTY and ERROR tags to the web
section.

EMPTY  should include a URL to display if the query returns no results.
ERROR should include a URL to be forwarded to if an error occurs.

Unfortunately, these URLs are simply forwarded to and are not treated as
templates, so you can't include the usual template tags, but it's still
possible to make things look much better than the old error messages.

Matt.