[mapserver-users] ShapeObj delete

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Oct 22 16:15:02 EDT 2002

I think that's what you have to do. Shapefiles are not designed for
editing/deleting, but for fast retrieval. You could cache your edits
somehow so you only have to process the file once but I think you have
to produce a second (perhaps temporary) file...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Guillaume SUEUR <guillaume.sueur at khi2.fr> 10/22/02 07:28AM >>>
Yes, it's an idea, but I was just hoping something more "clean" was
existing...

Thx

Lowell Filak wrote:
> One way to do it is to open the existing shapefile and create a
holder for the particular type of shape. Then loop through each shape
and copy them to a new shapefile. To delete a shape just skip writing
the deleted shape to the new shapefile. Then replace the old file with
the new.

<guillaume.sueur at khi2.fr> on Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:57:21 +0200.

--