[mapserver-users] webuser text display

Palmer, Steve Steve_Palmer at lpsg.com
Tue Oct 22 17:13:45 EDT 2002

Here is one that works for me for an inline point....

Get request snippet...

...&map_address_feature=new&map_address_feature_points=513139.0325+911004.25
67&map_address_feature_text=129+MAIN+ST&...

... and corresponding feature layer...

####### Start Layer
LAYER
 NAME address
 STATUS DEFAULT
 TYPE POINT
 FEATURE
  POINTS END
 END
 CLASS
  SYMBOL 'symbols/house.gif'
  LABEL
   TYPE BITMAP
   BACKGROUNDCOLOR 255 255 176
   BACKGROUNDSHADOWCOLOR 0 0 0
   SIZE TINY
   BUFFER 1
   COLOR 0 0 0
   POSITION UR
  END
 END
END
####### End Layer

Note that if you're trying to "logo's" or such things you specify image
coordinates and set the layer's transform property to "OFF" (Default is
"ON")