AW: [mapserver-users] Problem querying SDE layer

Oliver Wesp wesp at gdv.com
Wed Oct 23 06:07:40 EDT 2002

Hi Debbie,

all I can say, is that querying an SDE layer is not different from
querying anything else. I have query and itemquery requests working on
SDE-Layers. But I had a hell of a time getting it done. SDE-Support is
declared as alpha on the Website. Not without any reason.

What mapserver-release do you use? We recently made some changes to the
sourcecode regarding SDE-Support and afaik the changes will be reflected
in 3.7. But I can send you our mapsde.c. I don't know if it solves your
problem, but you can give it a shot. A least it solves some problems you
will be facing as soon as you get the query-modes working.

And here's another adice when working with SDE: don't panic.

greetings
Oliver