[mapserver-users] list performance

Ranga Raju Vatsavai vatsavai at cs.umn.edu
Thu Oct 24 12:17:28 EDT 2002

Hello All,

I have unsubscribed about 40 users from the mapserver-users malining list
based on bounced mails. These address have some problem with their mailing
servers or accounts. Some of these problems could be temporary.

*** So please let me know (vrraju at gis.umn.edu) if any of you got stopped
getting mail from mapserver-users starting this afternoon. I will
resubscribe them. ***

Our mailing list growed from handfull of users to more than 600 subscirbers
today. The software we are using (Majordomo) worked really well all these
years. But it don't have good functionality to manage bounced mails.
Once things get settled I will investigate alternative solutions to
improve this process.

I would like to thank Morissette, Martin, Norman, Woodbridge and others
who helped and shared their knowledge on this topic.

Thanks
Raju
----
PS: Its about 11:15am, see when do the last person (me) gets this mail.