[mapserver-users] WMS Server mystery with SRS=EPSG:4326

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Oct 24 16:45:38 EDT 2002

Folks -

I'm puzzled.  I'm trying to set up a simple small-scale index map of North America as a WMS service.  The map file is attached at the end.

There's only one layer and one projection advertised (EPSG:4326 - i.e. lat/long WGS84).  If I send a "defective" WMS request to:

http://www.geozone.com/GeographyNetwork/drgbase.asp?Request=GetMap&Version=1.1.0

I'll get a map image with the default projection and extent.  But if I correctly specify the required SRS and BBox parameters:

http://www.geozone.com/GeographyNetwork/drgbase.asp?Request=GetMap&Version=1.1.0&BBox=-180,10,-60,80&SRS=EPSG:4326

the MapServer request just hangs, even though I'm requesting the SAME SRS and BBox that are being used as the defaults in the first URL!  I feel like I'm overlooking the obvious, but I'm stuck on this one - ideas would be welcome.  Thanks!  The symptom shows up in 3.6.1 and 3.7 builds.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.