[mapserver-users] Indexing Shape files

Armando Scalise AScalise at geovue.com
Mon Oct 28 17:48:04 EST 2002

I am getting a hard time trying to index shape files using TILE4MS, and
using the TILEINDEX line in the map file.

I get an error message saying:  " msOpenSHPFile(): Unable to access file.
(filenamexxx/filenamexxx) "

The strange thing is that filenamexxx is the name of the shp file I am
indexing, and for some reason, is taking that as the directory name too
(????)

My Data Line and TILEINDEX lines look like this:

	DATA "usa/MA/filenamexxx"
	TILEINDEX "filenamexxx"

I do not get an error if I remove the TILEINDEX line, so I am sure that the
problem is there

If I try to index a number of files in a txt file, it seems to be taking the
name of the first file in the list and using it as a directory name for all
the remainging files to be indexed.

Any hints will be greatly apprciated
Armando Scalise
geoVue