[mapserver-users] Caching

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Wed Oct 30 12:59:14 EST 2002

FWIW: We currently do parcel mapping & when a specific parcel is queried we cache all of the image and report data for that parcel-id in files named after the id, ie. tmp/image/03817A11007.png & tmp/report/01317A11007.txt.
Any later requests for the same data receive the cached copy instead of starting a new request.
We have toyed with naming zoom-in/out requests using some combination of upper x,y & scale so they can be cached also but have not implemented it.
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by James Healy <jimmy at deefa.com> on 30 Oct 2002 23:39:20 +1100.